Highlands Presbyterian Camp & Retreat Center
Nestled high among the aspen and pines of the majestic Rocky Mountains, Highlands Presbyterian Camp & Retreat Center offers a wealth of program and lodging opportunities for adults, youth and children.
We are located at the foot of Colorado’s majestic Mt. Meeker. We invite you to participate in one of Highlands’ organized programs or design your own program. Let our staff assist you in planning your next family reunion, meeting, retreat or educational event.
The mission of Highlands is
to provide gracious hospitality & quality Christian programs
in a majestic mountain setting
& to nurture spiritual renewal & transformation
in a safe & inclusive environment.
Highlands offers a wealth of program and lodging options for adults, youth, and children alike at our versatile 285 acre camp and retreat center. Participate in one of Highlands’ organized camps or design your own program. Let our staff assist you in planning your next family reunion, meeting, wedding, church retreat, or educational event. In addition, take advantage of recreational offerings that are unique to our mountain setting.
Highlands takes great care in ensuring that your retreat meets your highest expectations. For more information and help in planning your retreat, please refer to our group leader resource page.
Please check with our staff regarding pets, alcohol, or any other questions regarding retreats that are not addressed.
Activities and Resources
Majestic mountain views, tranquil aspen groves, wild animals in their native habitat, starry skies, and vibrant sunrises and sunsets are only a part of the Highlands experience. Located at the foot of Mt. Meeker, our 285 acre site includes a great variety of streams, ridges, meadows, rock outcroppings, aspen groves, and pine forests.
- Hiking Trails: Our trails range from a gentle meadow loop to the popular hike to the Hidden Room. For the bold, the nearest ridge provides an excellent sunrise hike to the crosses on top. Most of the hikes on our site will take one to two hours to complete (but they will take as long as you wish if you stop, sit on a rock, and meditate for a while). Within a five minute drive are entrance points for Rocky Mountain National Park, the Indian Peaks Wilderness Area, and the Roosevelt National Forest.
- Nature Trail: Designed by a qualified naturalist, the Highlands Camp Nature Trail has 20 stations in a wide variety of nature situations. On the trail, you can explore not only meadows and forests, but also stream valleys and beaver ponds. Additionally, we have reference books available for the more than 200 wildflowers that flourish on our site.
- Meditation Trail: Our meditation trail, designed by a local pastor, has several stations where you may stop for contemplation or to reflect on our Presbyterian faith symbols.
- Indoor/Outdoor Fun: Horseshoe pits, sand volleyball court, softball field, a sledding hill in the winter, Frisbee golf course, air hockey, ping-pong, Foosball, puzzles and table games are all available for use by our guests.
- Additional Activities Available for Guest Groups: guided horseback riding, challenge course, climbing rock, archery, and canoeing.
Highlands sponsors events throughout the year to allow people of all ages the opportunity to spend time in our gorgeous mountain setting and have fun while exploring the depths of their faith in Christ. Using the links, check out various programs we sponsor throughout the year.