All Saints Church
3 Chevy Chase Circle
Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815
Healing and Intercessory Prayer Ministry
“Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.” (Matthew 10:8)
The mission of the Healing and Intercessory Prayer (HIP) Ministry is to follow Jesus’ command to pray for others in need and to heal the sick. It is the goal of HIP ministers to intercede with God with prayers for others for their health and well-being.
Jesus healed people, blessed them, and worked miracles as he traveled around, preaching the Good News of God’s forgiveness and love. We know from experience that God still loves, forgives, heals, blesses, and even works miracles today. No matter what is troubling you, no matter how you suffer or have been hurt, whatever your need or concern, the HIP ministers at All Saints Church will pray for and with you, your family, and your friends.
God loves to answer the prayers of His people. We especially hope you will let us know so that we can pray for you as you face stressful events or transitions in your life, whether medical, financial, personal, or relational. We also want to rejoice and give thanks with you for blessings and answered prayers.
- Request prayers for individuals whose names are read at worship during the Prayers of the People
- A prayer minister (identified by yellow name tag) can pray with you privately and confidentially on Sunday mornings during Communion
- Individual prayer appointments are available upon request
- Prayers on behalf of individuals are made through our Prayer Network comprised of individuals who have volunteered to spend part of their prayer time interceding with God on behalf of anyone who asks for prayers. In cases of sudden, urgent need, it can be good for many to “storm heaven.” In other cases, having just a few “prayer warriors” keep a concern steadily before the throne of God is fruitful.
- Book Study and Prayer Group – Contact: Theresa de Silva
- Order of St. Luke – Third Sunday of each month from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.